Monday, June 4, 2012

Positive Destruction

That's my mantra for this year...for 2012...Positive Destruction. The use of a positive force, with good intentions and righteous motivations, to destroy any and all negativity within myself and around me.

Biting off more than I can chew? Maybe. But I've never been one to back down just because something was difficult. If it's difficult then it's probably worth it, and definitely more valuable if only to me.

I am working on stopping smoking, getting up at 5 a.m. daily to hit the gym by 5:30 and work out for at least an hour, working Mon-Fri 9-6, raising my children and trying desperately to spend quality time with them, spending time with my hubby and trying desperately to spend time with him, planning to begin my studies for my series 7 license, making time for church and my spiritual recharge, working at least 6 hours on Saturdays and Sundays, improving my diet and the diet of my family, working on making time to put together some volunteer projects to better the community, all at the same time. And that doesn't even include cooking, cleaning, laundry...the basics. Sounds like a lot, right?

I've found that so many things in our lives intermingle...each one thing affects the other....so for me I have to try to do all these things at the same time. Working out gives me the energy I need for spending quality time with my kids and my honey....gives me the motivation and tools to quit smoking....gives me the mental focus to study, to learn about improving our diets, to volunteer in my community, etc. Spending time with my family recharges me, giving me the motivation to work out and have that energy for them...motivation to be as spiritually strong as I am mentally and physically.....makes me want to do more with and for my family, which in turn motivates me to study and improve in my profession to better provide for my family and set a good example for them. Spending time with my hubby makes me want to be a better person all around...a strong intelligent loving woman, the type that he can be proud of having by his side...the type he wants to build and maintain a family with...the type of woman whose mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual strength he can admire....the type of woman who motivates him to do better and be better for his own sake, for our family's sake...the type of woman who he will enjoy working side by side with, as a wife, mother, volunteer, workout partner, whatever.

Since all these things intermingle I cannot put one off to allow time for the others to come to fruition. I must do them all at once, and although the fruits of my labor may blossom at different times, my efforts will continue nonetheless. Using positive energy all these things will be accomplished....a positive movement is progress, and progress shall not be stopped. Granted, I will probably be slow and steady, as I have chosen to battle a bunch of my own demons all at once. BUT, the positive forces being used will eventually win, as long as no matter how many times I stumble I continue to pick myself up and start anew.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. That's using the Ultimate Positive Force. Let the Destruction of Negativity begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment